Chief Investment Officer
The Capital Investment Fund (CIF) is a subsidiary of the Bulgarian Development Bank, which provides equity capital for the growth of small and medium-sized enterprises.
Our team consists of highly qualified experts with significant international experience in the field of financial, strategic and marketing management, as well as in the management of enterprises from various economic sectors. The companies in which we invest can rely on both our management expertise and market knowledge.
Currently we are looking for a seasoned professional to join our team as Chief Investment Officer.
What You’ll do:
- Drive the development of a decision framework for investments that can support an efficient and sound execution of the investment strategy adopted by the Fund;
- Manage portfolio allocation processes, ensuring the necessary resources for the successful development of the investment program both at the portfolio level and at the level of individual investments;
- Coordinate the selection process of external evaluators preparing legal, financial, and technical evaluations in the review of potential and portfolio companies;
- Provide investment advice to portfolio companies;
- Work collaboratively with the investment and operations teams, all portfolio companies, and third-party managers to ensure sound investment and portfolio management practices and promote the long-term growth and sustainability of the investment portfolios;
- Work together with the investment partners to achieve an effective monitoring model for the existing investments, as well as the analysis of the potential outcomes to maximize performance, minimize risk, and make it possible for the Fund to efficiently execute high-quality investments;
- Prepare the long-term investment program of the Fund;
- Work to improve the business positioning of the companies in the general portfolio of the Fund;
- Build partnership relationships with representatives of venture capital and banking institutions in the country and abroad;
- Support the creation and updating of internal rules, procedures, instructions, and regulations, with a view to the proper management of the control over the Fund’s investments.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in a credit or financial institution, in a company operating in the field of entrepreneurship, investment, innovation, and trade or in the management of companies with a similar subject of the Fund's activity;
- Strong financial modeling and business analysis skills;
- Great people management skills, creating and maintaining a collaborative environment of mutual respect;
- Strong sense of creativity and initiative, balanced with discipline and accountability;
- Demonstrated interest, passion, and commitment to impact;
- Strong communication skills;
- High proficiency in English;
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate in partnership with multiple stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead an investment team;
- Strategic thinking and proficient decision-making;
- Confidence, humility, and a clear drive to deliver results independently and as part of a team.
If you are interested in this position and wish to apply, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Confidentiality is guaranteed and the personal data provided will be stored and processed in accordance with legal requirements. Your personal data will be used only for the purposes of selection and will be stored for 6 months after the end of the selection process.